After months of careful planning, diligent selection of candidates and construction of an effective and useful syllabus, eHealth Ventures inaugurated the first round of an entrepreneurship accelerator program targeted at physicians and other healthcare professionals with innovative ideas for products / technologies within the Maccabi Health Services network. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first time MD’s within one of the major healthcare providers in Israel go through such a program.
The 10 participants attended 3 months of weekly lectures with some of the leading opinion leaders in the field, academics, entrepreneurs, service providers and financial experts in the country. Every team of entrepreneurs was coupled with a highly experienced mentor (all pro bono – and we are very thankful to them all), who assisted them in building and developing their idea for new products and technologies in the digital health space.
The teams will be showcasing the graduate companies in the coming weeks but we already know the program was a huge success and the participants as well as the Maccabi network and management highly appreciate the extremely valuable tool box the participants have received during the acceleration period.
The eHealth Ventures team partnered with Dr. Kobi Inbar to run the program, under the guidance of Dr. Joseph Rosenblum with a wide group of selected speakers and mentors:
Speakers and Topics Included:
– Dr. Joseph Rosenblum, CMO, eHV – The world of Digital Health
– Talor Sax, CEO, eHV – Market Research
– Adv. Asa Kling, Former head of Israel Patent Authority – IP
– Chen Sirkis, CadenSee – Marketing for Startups
– Talor Sax, eHV – Value Proposition & Business Model Generation
– Adv. Hili Cohen, Partner at GKH Law – Legal Aspects for Startups
– Gadi Ginot, Physio-logic – FDA/CE Regulation
– Yossi Lovton, eHV – R&D of projects under regulation
– Haggai Schwartz, eHV – Non-Dilutive funding sources
– Adv. Ophir Shahaf, VP BD eHV – Funding
– Salit Lev, IIA – Grant programs at the IIA.
Mentors: each team was coupled with a mentor to provide guidance and share his knowledge and experience.
– Avi Sharir, eHV Partner
– Lior Shalev, eHV Partner
– Dr. Zeev Weinfeld, CEO, OsteoSee – eHV Portfolio
– Angela Rabinovich, Director, Life Science – Israel Export Institute
– Yechiel Gepner, former CIO for Clalit Health Services
– Eli Arad, CEO – Merchavia Ltd.
– Shlomi Reisman, Successful Entrepreneur
– Dr. Goozy Hartog, Director at Medison Ventures
We thank all the speakers and mentors for volunteering in this important program, and look forward to the class of 2020!!